Abios is a Stockholm-based esports data provider, founded in 2013. We distribute industry-leading esports data and technology across the globe. Our customers include world-famous esports teams, search engines, and sportsbooks. We provide our customers with data APIs, data visualisations and odds on top of which they can build the next generation of esports products.
Being a tech scaleup, our engineering team has a significant business impact and makes critical decisions for the direction of our company. We work in small agile teams with clear missions and end-to-end ownership of our product development, utilising a modern tech stack to create novel data-based esports products.
For this role, we only consider candidates based in Sweden.
What You'll Do
As a Frontend Team Lead & Engineer, your primary responsibility is to lead the frontend team in designing, developing and maintaining user interfaces. This involves working with different technologies and tools to build scalable, secure, and efficient solutions that meet the needs of the end users, internal or external.
Your role requires experience leading fast paced teams with members at various stages of their careers. Furthermore, you need a deep understanding of React, Typescript, Next.js, atomic design, Storybook (or similar), UX & UI design decisions, data visualisation and bespoke CMS/back office tooling.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have a passion for delivering high-quality code and be a great communicator. You should also be comfortable working in a team environment, collaborating with other developers, testers, and project managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- Build amazing user interfaces and data visualisations.
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles and a fail-fast approach.
- Lead planning and resource allocation decisions within the team as well as apply and foster usage of best practices.
- Ensure that our frontend tech stack is robust, properly abstracted, dependable, and high-performing.
- Use state of the art technologies to solve real problems for our customers at vast scale.
- Work closely with various cross-functional teams to develop and deliver tools or data structures to measure, optimise and scale our product offerings.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help the team evolve best practices; be a mentor and a mentee.
Who you are:
You may be a fit for this role if
- Experience leading teams.
- 3+ years of industry experience building high quality code and user interfaces.
- A passion for frontend development and UX/UI decision processes.
- A desire to work closely with the developers depending on your libraries to deliver value in the product portfolio.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish.
- Growth mindset and bias for action.
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security.
Projects you may work on
- Building the future of the Abios user interfaces and graphical products and contributing to projects with significant outreach, serving hundreds of thousands of users daily.
- Building and scaling Abios frontend team.
- Working with product teams to extend the capabilities of our shared code base and tools.
- Complex systems that operate at a high frequency and with high stakes for all stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
Abios is an esports startup at its core, with employees sharing a love for esports and gaming. As such, our Stockholm office has gaming computers and consoles, perfect for in-house tournaments or an after-work CS:GO full-stack. For those interested, there are events on the social calendar including exercise days, breakfast on Fridays and after work with colleagues.
We take the health of our employees seriously and understand that sometimes life gets in the way. Hence, we allow our employees to work from home a day per week as needed.
Our competitive salaries and benefits include a generous parental leave program, health benefits and pension. We offer 30 days of paid leave a year because we believe everyone deserves a healthy work-life balance.
We believe in the continued learning and development of all our colleagues which is why we have access to extensive learning/educational materials via providers such as LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda). We also look positively at people aspiring to try out new roles in the company.
Our brand-new offices are located near Torsplan, complete with different complimentary beverages and snacks in the fridge, a new shuffleboard and calm open office spaces. There are also several smaller rooms to work in peace, and meeting rooms named after popular esports genres.