Abios is a Stockholm-based esports data provider, founded in 2013. We distribute industry-leading esports data and technology across the globe. Our customers include world-famous esports teams, search engines, and sportsbooks. We provide our customers with data APIs, data visualisation iframes and odds on top of which they can build the next generation of esports products.
Being a tech scaleup, our engineering team has a significant business impact and makes critical decisions for the direction of our company. We work in small agile teams with clear missions and end-to-end ownership of our product development, utilising a modern tech stack to create novel data-based esports products.
For this role, we only consider candidates based in Sweden.
What You'll Do
As a Backend Engineer, your primary responsibility is to design, develop and maintain an application or software's server-side logic and systems. This involves working with different technologies and tools to build scalable, secure, and efficient solutions that meet the needs of the end users.
Your role requires a deep understanding of REST and WebSocket APIs, cloud-based services and infrastructure, microservices and databases. Our main programming language is Golang, previous experience with it is not mandatory. Familiarity with AWS services such as EKS, RabbitMQ, Redis, Lambda, Aurora, etc., is also essential.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, have a passion for delivering high-quality code and be a great communicator. You should also be comfortable working in a team environment, collaborating with other developers, testers, and project managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- Build amazing end-to-end API’s and developer experiences.
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles and a fail-fast approach.
- Ensure that our APIs are robust, dependable, and high-performing by implementing the necessary measures to ensure their security, reliability, and performance
- Use state of the art technologies to solve real problems for our customers at vast scale.
- Work closely with various cross-functional teams to develop and deliver tools or data structures to measure, optimise and scale our product offerings.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help the team evolve best practices; be a mentor and a mentee.
Who you are:
You may be a fit for this role if
- 3+ years of industry experience building high quality code and infrastructure.
- A passion for API:s, infrastructure and building amazing developer experiences.
- A desire to work closely with the developers depending on your libraries to deliver value in the product portfolio.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish.
- Growth mindset and bias for action.
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security.
Projects you may work on
- Building the future of the Abios public API’s and contributing to projects with significant outreach, serving tens of millions of user requests daily.
- Building and scaling Abios software infrastructure.
- Working with product teams to extend the capabilities of our API’s.
- Complex systems that operate at a high frequency and with high stakes for all stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
Abios is an esports startup at its core, with employees sharing a love for esports and gaming. As such, our Stockholm office has gaming computers and consoles, perfect for in-house tournaments or an after-work CS:GO full-stack. For those interested, there are events on the social calendar including exercising days, breakfast on Fridays and after work with colleagues.
We take the health of our employees seriously and understand that sometimes life gets in the way. Hence, we allow our employees to work from home a day per week as needed.
Our competitive salaries and benefits include a generous parental leave program, health benefits and pension. We offer 30 days of paid leave a year because we believe everyone deserves a healthy work-life balance.
We believe in the continued learning and development of all our colleagues which is why we have access to extensive learning/educational materials via providers such as LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda). We also look positively at people aspiring to try out new roles in the company.
Our brand-new offices are located near Torsplan, complete with different complimentary beverages and snacks in the fridge, new shuffleboard and calm open office spaces. There are also several smaller rooms to work in peace, and meeting rooms named after popular esports genres (FPS is the largest one).